Florida Medicaid’s Covered Services and HCBS Waivers
Medicaid reimburses for gastrointestinal services to provide diagnostic and therapeutic procedures relating to digestive disorders.
Medicaid reimburses for the gastrointestinal services including:
- Digestive surgical services including:
- Restrictive bariatric surgeries that shrink the size of the stomach reducing the amount of food that it can hold
- Malabsorptive bariatric surgeries that rearrange and/or remove part the digestive system limiting the amount of calories and nutrients that can be absorbed
- Combination bariatric surgeries that combine both restrictive and malabsorptive techniques
- Bariatric surgery revisions, reversals or conversions for complications related to the surgery
- Gastric Physiology
This service is one of the minimum covered services for all Managed Medical Assistance plans serving Medicaid enrollees.
Florida Medicaid recipients requiring medically necessary gastrointestinal services.
Information on Medicaid health plans and services is available on the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care webpage.
The Florida Medicaid coverage policies, fee schedules, and Rule are available on the Agency Website.