What is MediKids?
MediKids is a Florida KidCare Program. Administered by the Agency for Health Care Administration, the program offers low-cost health insurance coverage for children ages 1 through 4. See the MediKids Parent Information brochure [PDF 2.20MB] for additional facts about the program.
- MediKids enrollees receive most Medicaid benefits.
- MediKids enrollees receive services from Medicaid providers.
- MediKids is not an entitlement program.
- Families pay a $15 or $20 monthly premium per household, depending on income.
- MediKids offers a full pay premium of $196 per month for each child, for families with incomes greater than the program guidelines.
Click on the county of your residence to see your Managed Care Plan choices. Enrollment in these plans is based on availability. Please call the MediKids Helpline at 1-877-506-0578 to select your plan.
MediKids Provider Choices
Only Medicaid contracted health care and managed care providers may serve MediKids enrollees.
State law specifies families must choose either a Medicaid-participating managed care plan or a MediPass provider before a child's MediKids coverage begins. Section 409.8132(7), Florida Statutes, lists the options that are available to a family:
- If a child lives in a county with two or more Medicaid managed care plans, the family may only choose a managed care plan;
- If a child lives in a county with one Medicaid managed care plan, the family may choose the managed care plan or MediPass; or
- If a child lives in a county with no Medicaid managed care plan, the family must choose MediPass.
Families with children eligible for the MediKids program can call the toll-free MediKids Helpline at 1-877-506-0578 for assistance selecting a managed care provider.
Medicaid and MediKids Dental Benefits Information
The Medicaid and MediKids program covers Children's Dental Benefits [PDF 83KB] for enrolled children provided by licensed, participating dentists.
For Dental Provider Information, please contact your Medicaid area office.