Medicaid Family Planning Waiver Program
The Florida legislature mandated the Agency for Health Care Administration to extend family planning services to women losing full Medicaid eligibility within the past two years. The services for extended family planning benefits may be available for up to two years. To become eligible for these services:
- Women, ages 14-55, losing Medicaid must enroll at their county health department;
- HMO women losing Medicaid must enroll at their county health department;
- In order to receive the second year of extended family planning benefits, the woman must reapply at the county health department;
- Transportation is NOT a covered benefit with the extended family planning benefits;
- Colposcopies and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases (STD) are limited to a six week period after a family planning examination, a family planning counseling visit, or a family planning supply visit.
The extended family planning program covers the following services:
- Family planning initial or annual examinations;
- Family planning counseling visits;
- Family planning supply visits;
- Various methods of birth control;
- Family planning laboratory tests;
- Family planning related pharmaceuticals;
- Evaluation and management visits for STD treatment and follow-up;
- Antibiotics for treatment of STDs.
For additional information on Family Planning Waiver services, please contact your Medicaid Area Office.5/31/2013
Request for Extension of the Florida Medicaid Family Planning Waiver
The Agency for Health Care Administration (Agency) is seeking to extend federal waiver authority to continue providing Medicaid eligibility to the Family Planning Waiver (FPW) population. For more information, please visit the request for extenion web page. We encourage you to visit the web page frequently for updated information .