Online Licensing System
The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) has implemented its Online Licensing system allowing providers the opportunity to renew their license online. The online system allows for the electronic submission of renewal applications along with the ability to upload supporting documentation. Additionally, the system will save time and reduce errors by pre populating data fields and allow for the electronic payment of fees, fines and assessments.
NOTE: An upgrade to Online Payment portal will be implemented on February 22nd. After the upgrade, some users may need to manually update their internet browser before being able to submit payment online. See browser compatibility for addition details.
The following provider types can submit their license renewal through the online system:
- Abortion Clinics
- Adult Day Care Centers
- Adult Family Care Homes
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Birth Centers
- Clinical Laboratories
- Crisis Stabilization Unit
- Forensic Toxicology Laboratories
- Health Care Clinics
- Health Care Risk Managers
- Health Care Services Pools
- Homes for Special Services
- Home Health Agencies
- Home Medical Equipment Providers
- Homemaker and Companion Services
- Intermediate Care Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Nurse Registries
- Organ Procurement Organizations, Tissue Banks, and Eye Banks
- Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Facilities
- Residential Treatment Centers
- Residential Treatment Facilities
- Short-Term Residential Treatment Facilities
- Transitional Living Facilities
Renew Your Health Care Provider License Online
Step 1: Register -Identify an authorized individual who will access the Online Licensing system on behalf of your provider license.
Step 2: Login - After registering, the authorized individual will be redirected to the Online Licensing system.
Step 3: Renew - The license application will appear with most fields filled in for you. Review, add or change information as needed.
Step 4: Payment - After the information has been completed, you can pay your licensure fees, any fines that may be applicable by credit card, e-check or check through the mail.
Online Licensing Videos
Registering User Name/ID and Generating a User Agreement:
- See Online Instruction Guide [588 kb PDF] for detailed instructions.
- Go to the AHCA Portal to register a User Name/ID and Password. If you already are registered as a User for the Clearinghoure (Background Screening System), you will not need to create a new User Name and Password. Simply login using your existing user information.
*For password resets, please view the instructions located at: Password Reset Instructions
- Select the Online Licensure system. A User can select one or multiple providers across provider types. A separate User Agreement will be created for each provider selected which must be signed by the Administrator/CEO for that provider.
- Send the signed User Agreement(s) to the Agency for approval. You may scan, email, fax, or mail the signed documents.
- An e-mail will be sent to the approved user confirming that access to the Online Licensing system has been granted. Expect that email confirmation within 2 business days.