Laura MacLafferty, Unit Manager
Hospital & Outpatient Services Unit
Bureau of Health Facility Regulation
2727 Mahan Drive, Mail Stop #31
Tallahassee, Florida 32308
Telephone: (850) 412-4549
Fax: (850) 922-4351
Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF)
A CORF is a non-residential facility established and operated exclusively for the purpose of providing diagnostic, therapeutic, and restorative services for the rehabilitation of injured, disabled, or sick persons, at a single fixed location, by or under the supervision of a physician.
Certification is achieved by adherence to federal requirements including submission of a complete application, required documentation, and successful completion of a survey. In accordance with federal directives, up to 16.6 percent of CORFs are surveyed annually. Each CORF must be surveyed for certification as directed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
An application for certification includes submission of a completed application, required documentation, and successful completion of a survey. There are no fees and no renewal applications required for certification.
Unless required by the "Health Care Clinic Act", there are no state licensing requirements imposed by the Agency. Additional information on health care clinic licensure or exemption can be obtained from the Agency's Health Care Clinic Unit.
- 42 CFR, Part 485 Subpart B, Sections 485.50-.75
- CMS State Operations Manual
(See Sections 2360-2366)
- S&C Memorandum 09-21
(Changes affecting the survey and certification of rehabilitation programs.)
- Summary of S&C Memorandum 09-21
- Interpretive Guidelines - Appendix K
- Surveyors Checklist-CMS-360
- Applicant Instructions (343K PDF)
- Health Insurance Benefit Agreement - CMS Form 1561
- Medicare Administrative Contractor Choice Form
- CORF Report for Certification to Participate in the Medicare Program - CMS Form 359
- State Operations Manual Highlights
- Medicare Certification Civil Rights Information Request Form - OMB 0990-0243
- Assurance of Compliance - HHS Form 690
Updated April 17, 2013