Catherine Anne Avery, RN LNC
Interim Manager, Assisted Living Unit
Bureau of Health Facility Regulation
2727 Mahan Drive MS#30
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Phone: (850) 412-4304
Fax: (850) 922-1984
Adult Family Care Home
The Adult Family Care Home is a residential home designed to provide personal care services to individuals requiring assistance. The provider must live in the home and offers personal services for up to 5 residents.
More detailed program information on adult family care homes can be found at the Department of Elder Affairs' Florida Affordable Assisted Living Website.
- AFCH Long Term Care Managed Care Letter [39KB, PDF]
- Licensure Fee Increase Letter [25KB, PDF]
- Directory of Adult Family Care Homes [302KB, PDF]
- Chapter 408, Part II, Florida Statutes
- Chapter 59A-35, Florida Administrative Code
- Chapter 429, Part II, Florida Statutes
- Chapter 58A-14, Florida Administrative Code
- Chapter 419, Florida Statutes
Application and Forms
- Applications and Forms
- Community Residential Home Affidavit of Compliance [28KB, PDF]
- AFCH Local Zoning Form AHCA Form 3180-1021 [37KB, PDF]
- AFCH Income and Expense Statement [34KB, PDF]
- Assisted Living Facility and Adult Family Care Home Unlicensed Activity Checklist [PDF]
- Dept. Of Health - Notice Note: Applies to initial and renewal applications [42KB, PDF]
- Resident Health Assessment for Adult Family Care Homes AHCA Form 3110-1023 AFCH-1110 01/08 [91KB, PDF]
Community Residential Homes
- Important Notice; AFCH Zoning Requirements [47KB, PDF]
- District Community Residential Home Coordinators [12KB, PDF]
- Homes licensed by the Agency for Health Care Administration--visit the AHCA website at http://www.floridahealthfinder.gov*
- Homes licensed by the Department of Children and Families--visit the DCF website at http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/regions/ to locate the Community Residential Home licensing staff in the appropriate district.
- Homes licensed by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities--visit the APD website at http://www.flddresources.org/html/contact_us.htm to locate the APD staff in the appropriate district
* (Please do not use as the sole source of information for determining 1000 feet of distance between facilities).