Manager, Assisted Living Unit
Bureau of Health Facility Regulation
2727 Mahan Drive - Mail Stop #30
Tallahassee, FL 32308
(850) 922-1984 Fax
Adult Family Care Home
The Adult Family Care Home is a residential home designed to provide personal care services to individuals requiring assistance. The provider must live in the home and offers personal services for up to 5 residents.
More detailed program information on adult family care homes can be found at the Department of Elder Affairs' Florida Affordable Assisted Living Website.
- AFCH Long Term Care Managed Care Letter (39kb PDF)
- Licensure Fee Increase Letter (25kb PDF)
- Directory of Adult Family Care Homes (298kb PDF)
- Chapter 408, Part II, Florida Statutes (PDF) (252kb)/ (HTML)
- Chapter 59A-35, Florida Administrative Code (HTML)
- Chapter 429, Part II, Florida Statutes (PDF) (175kb)/ (HTML)
- Chapter 58A-14, Florida Administrative Code (PDF) (183kb)/ (HTML)
- Chapter 419, Florida Statutes (HTML)
Application and Forms
- Applications and Forms
- Community Residential Home Affidavit of Compliance (28kb PDF)
- AFCH Local Zoning Form AHCA Form 3180-1021 (37kb PDF)
- AFCH Income and Expense Statement (34kb PDF)
- Assisted Living Facility and Adult Family Care Home Unlicensed Activity Checklist (PDF)
- Dept. Of Health - Notice Note: Applies to initial and renewal applications (42kb PDF)
- Resident Health Assessment for Adult Family Care Homes AHCA Form 3110-1023 AFCH-1110 01/08 (91kb PDF)
Community Residential Homes
- Important Notice; AFCH Zoning Requirements (47kb PDF)
- District Community Residential Home Coordinators (12kb PDF)
- Homes licensed by the Agency for Health Care Administration--visit the AHCA website at http://www.floridahealthfinder.gov*
- Homes licensed by the Department of Children and Families--visit the DCF website at http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/regions/ to locate the Community Residential Home licensing staff in the appropriate district.
- Homes licensed by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities--visit the APD website at http://www.flddresources.org/html/contact_us.htm to locate the APD staff in the appropriate district
* (Please do not use as the sole source of information for determining 1000 feet of distance between facilities).