Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS)
OASIS Automation Coordinator
Division of Health Quality Assurance
Survey and Certification Support Branch
Florida QIES Help Desk
2727 Mahan Drive, MS 9A
Tallahassee, FL 32308
(850) 488-7251 and (850) 414-6946 Fax
All correspondence, documents and information for home health agencies subject to Outcome Assessment Information Set (OASIS) requirements are now being distributed via the OASIS Submission Bulletins Page.
Florida home health agencies that are Medicare-certified or Medicaid-enrolled are required to electronically transmit to the state database in accordance with the federal reporting regulation (effective July 19, 1999). Florida HHAs should be using CMS-issued branch identifiers in M0016 instead of the prior Florida requirement to enter the state license number (without the preceding 'HHA' designation).
The OASIS Helpdesk has an e-mail alert system to notify registered providers or interested parties of "late-breaking" OASIS information. Complete as much information using the registration link above and check OASIS for Provider Type and Opt-In to receive emails or Opt-Out for if you wish to stop receiving emails:Sign Up for OASIS Alerts
Other Web Links:
- Agency for Health Care Administration Home Care Unit
- Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) Home Health Compare
- Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) OASIS
- Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) OASIS C Quality Initiative
- Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) Prospective Payment System (PPS)
- QIES Technical Support Office (QTSO)
is CMS's contracted agent responsible for supporting the state OASIS system.
- Research Data Assistance Center is a CMS contractor that provides free assistance to academic, government and non-profit researchers interested in using Medicare and/or Medicaid data for their research.
OASIS Test Account Requests:
As a new Home Health Agency applying for Medicare certification and/or Medicaid enrollment, you are required to demonstrate compliance with the OASIS Test Transmission requirement PRIOR to certification survey. Request an OASIS Test Account by completing the "Recommended Steps for Obtaining a Florida OASIS Test Account:
- Recommended Steps for Obtaining a Florida OASIS Test Account [210KB, PDF]
- View the Florida Oasis Submissions Guide [1.99 MB, PDF]
Other Access Request Forms:
- The CMSNet Verizon Access Request [112KB, PDF] form and submission access information can be found on the CMSNet Information Webpage
- The OASIS Individual User Account Request [223KB, PDF] form and directions can be found on the QIES Technical Support Office/OASIS Forms Webpage