Emergency Preparedness Resources
The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), in collaboration with the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) is in the process of moving all providers from the Emergency Status System (ESS) to the new web-based EMResource Public Health & Safety Communication System.
AHCA is asking for all facilities to have their primary and secondary facility contacts that currently are responsible for the data maintained in the ESS system to register as users in the new system. Instructions are below. These users will receive their user ID and temporary password via email along with login, training and data entry instructions. If you have additional facility, health care system, association or corporate users that need access, they should also register.
Site Address: https://emresource.emsystem.com/login.jsp
Use the following user ID and password to access the new user form: User ID (all upper case) – FL2NEWUSER Password (all lower case) – fl2newuser.
Once logged in, click on the yellow “New User” icon at the top of the screen and fill out the form completely. If you are not the facility CEO, administrator or director you MUST indicate the full name and phone number of the administrator at your facility that is authorizing your access. Please list this information in the additional comments area.
AHCA Emergency Resources
- American Red Cross - Open Shelter Locator Map
- Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan [PDF]
- Disaster Acronyms and Glossary [83KB, PDF]
- Emergency Plan Regulations and Review [183KB, PDF]
- Fire Incident Report [PDF]
- Fire Incident Reporting and Systems Failure [PDF]
- Florida Building Code: Chapter 4, Section 419 (Hospitals), Section 420 (Nursing Homes), Section 421 (Ambulatory Surgical Centers)
Emergency Management Planning Criteria
- Adult Day Care Centers [PDF]
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers [PDF]
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Home Medical Equipment Providers [DOC]
- Home Health Agencies [DOC]
- Hospices [DOC]
- Hospitals [PDF]
- Nursing Homes [PDF]
- Nurse Registries [DOC]
Other Governmental Emergency Resources
- FEMA Public Assistance Grant Program
- Florida Division of Emergency Management (Department of Community Affairs)
- Division of State Fire Marshal website